Tuesday, September 13, 2011

Viking Video Response-Mackenzie

I was really enjoying the viking video and found it an interesting way to learn about the vikings. As many of you have said, the video is slowly but surely correcting all of my misconceptions about the vikings. I thought that they lived a primitive life style when in fact they were quite civilized, with towns, advanced boats, and they valued cleanliness. I particularly found the little chain that had the tweezers and nail file extraordinary.

Also, the segments with the artifacts were interesting. The glass beads that they found were beautiful and appeared modern. I also really enjoyed learning about all of the methods that the archaeologists used to determine years and dates. The method of comparing the wood from the viking ships to other pieces of wood from the time period and dating items that way seemed near impossible and was interesting to watch and learn about.

No comments:

Post a Comment