Saturday, September 10, 2011

Mackenzie's Introduction

My name is Mackenzie Bissett and I am majoring in International Relations and History. I am hoping for a minor in Scandinavian Studies as well, which is part of the reason I took this course. I was born in Gavle, Sweden, and then continued to move around Europe to Germany, Switzerland and Finland. We moved back to Sweden, and I started kindergarten and continued in Swedish schools until 3rd grade. I was home schooled in Finland in 4th grade and then we moved back to the States. I learned to read and write in Swedish before English, and was at one point fluent in Swedish. My dad was a professional hockey player in the Elite league there, which is why we lived in Europe and moved around so much. I had such a wonderful experience growing up abroad and I am hoping to move back to Europe after college. Hopefully, during my years here I will be able to study abroad in Sweden at a really cool program through the University of Stockholm. With an International Studies major and a Scandinavian Studies minor, I am hoping to work for some sort of business either in Sweden, or elsewhere in Europe. I can't wait to add to my knowledge of Sweden, as well as the rest of Scandinavia.

No comments:

Post a Comment