Thursday, September 22, 2011

Education

I was really interested and intrigued after the lecture on education. I think that it's marvelous that people can go to school for free, however, there is a cost (high taxes). I wonder what type of resources the universities have. When I visited universities in Greece, their libraries, and schools were very under-funded and it seemed as though that because it was being funded by the state the facilities were not as nice. However, they are also dealing with big time economic troubles, and many people don't pay the high taxes in Greece. Additionally, I was impressed that there is a school for everyone, and that everyone plays outside. I think it is a really nice model, and seems very foreign to the way the American school system is run today.

No comments:

Post a Comment