Tuesday, September 13, 2011

Intro from Ulan Thompson

Hey my name is Ulan Thompson. I am a senior in Aerospace Engineering. I am from the upper peninsula of Michigan, specifically Houghton, MI. The area I live in has a large Finish population and there is a lot of Finish heritage present. This is mainly from the Finish immigrating to the area to work and mine copper. I was interested in the class for several reason. One of my good friends took this class last year and she really enjoyed it. Also, when I was a sophomore in high school, I became very close with a foreign exchange student from Norway. I also grew up with several Finish influences including taking saunas and eating pannukakku(Finish pancakes). I'm excited to learn more about this culture and the rest of Scandinavia this semester.

No comments:

Post a Comment