Wednesday, November 16, 2011

Reaction to 101 Reykjavik

Wow, that was quite the movie! Obviously I was struck by many of the scenes, just like everyone else, but 101 Reykjavic was pleasantly entertaining. Even though for a while I was unable to see a concise plot to the movie, it did paint an interesting picture of Iceland for us. I am glad that we were able to have a guest today to tell us what is normal and what is abnormal for the culture and citizens of Iceland. I was very surprised to learn that many people live with their parents longer than Americans typically do. It makes sense, however, due to the high cost of rent in Iceland. I did not realize that earthquakes were so common, but hey, that means I'm learning something, right? Iceland week did not disappoint.

No comments:

Post a Comment