Wednesday, November 2, 2011

Finnish Music

I wanted to start off by saying how much I enjoyed the film and the ending. I liked how everything was resolved and the son and mother finally talked.

The presentation on Finnish music today was interesting and entertaining. I really enjoyed it, it was definitely one of my favorite guest presentations so far. I had some idea of how important music is to the Finnish culture from the times when I lived there when I was younger. The second time I lived in Finland, I lived in Tampere and the swimming pool we used to go to was named after the Kalevala. I thought that was just a fun tidbit that shows how important and how much of a national epic the Kalevala is. I really enjoyed hearing all of the different kinds of music as well.

No comments:

Post a Comment