Sunday, November 20, 2011

Icelandic Week

Out of all of the countries we have talked about so far, I knew the least about Iceland. So far, I think that I learned the most new and interesting facts about Iceland. Iceland seems like a very fun country and it has definitely been added to my list of places I would love to visit.

I really enjoyed listening to the speaker on Wednesday. I liked the format and how we could ask questions and she was really open to talking about anything. She gave a really different perspective I thought.

101 Reykjavic is the kind of movie where when it ends you sort of wonder what just happened. I thought it was refreshingly honest and showed that Icelanders are able to make fun of probably the worst aspects of their country and also displays their dry sense of humor. I don't think there a lot of of countries that would like a movie released that portrayed their country negatively or in any way controversial. I give major props to the movie for that aspect alone.

No comments:

Post a Comment