Monday, October 31, 2011

Presentations/Movie Today

I am going to attempt a double post here.

I thought the presentations were very informative. I learned a lot about subjects that I probably would have never learned about, like Swedish prisons and Finnish logging. I found that each presentation gave me enough information to get a good picture of what the subject was about and sparked an interest to learn more about it. I look forward to the next round.

Now switching gears, I found the movie today extremely enjoyable. I was hooked right from the beginning and I can't wait to find out what happens. The story line is very intense and I can't say that I've seen a movie that is anything like it. I'm pulling for the boy to stay with the Swedish family, but that's just my opinion.

1 comment:

  1. I agree with Rick on both the presentations and the film. It was great that our presentations included so much diversity. From electronic music to many different types of history to absolute vodka, I felt like they were extremely well rounded. In addition, I liked that all the students seemed interested in all of the presentations.
    As for the movie, obviously its sad, and provides much suspense as to what happened next. But I liked how it reflects so much of the trouble during war times, and how the children were taken away. I really do not like the mother, but she seems to be adapting to loving the child as time goes on.

    ReplyDelete