Monday, October 10, 2011

Response to Virgin Spring

For this to be a film from the 1960's, you can tell that it was extremely controversial. But despite the obvious, I really thought there was some unique symbolism. The pregnant sister I felt really represented that there are flaws in every family. The little boy who was with the older brothers who committed rape seemed to feel true sorrow when he couldn't even eat at night. The suspense built was a good process, because everybody is waiting for the end of the film to tie everything together. I also enjoyed some very cool camera shots, like when the father was knocking down the tree with the horizon in the background. I didn't expect to see such great qualities in such an old movie.

-Dylan

1 comment:

  1. I loved that scene, too. It said so much about who the father was and the emotion he felt all without a second of dialogue. It also seemed to parallel Karin's rape and murder (I think Professor Cohen touched on this point as well).

    ReplyDelete