Sunday, October 2, 2011

Internships in Sweden

I found the presentation on Swedish internships very helpful because I am also looking for internships at this point in my college career. I've been fumbling around with the idea of overseas internships but (obviously), it much harder to put together than one with a company close to home. The speakers gave me a better idea of what a foreign lifestyle might be like (language issues, travel, homestays, apartment prices, work schedules, friends, etc). The last five minutes of class was also helpful because I had never heard of AISEC before ( I actually did google it and read more about it).

I've found that its often the tangent conversations about the Swedish culture that I learn the most from the speakers, not the cold, hard facts about the country. Anyone else feel the same way?

No comments:

Post a Comment